I guess this post is a reference to my family ditching me and going to hawaii. I guess its also a reference to elton johns very moving song which is also a reference to tap dancing.....okay so it happened one time. I accidentally tap danced for danny karpinski and Lisa in jon cuthberts room to elton johns song crocodile rock. They witness part of me that the world had not seen since my kindorf kids years. But ever since that night I've had dance fever. So this semester I decided to bite the bullet, buy some tap shoes that fit me and registered for beginning tap 101. This was the best decision I've made all year. I wish i had a picture to upload from my glory days but i dont right now, but just you wait. As soon as i get home and into the pool room ill be uploading for all of you to see me in "At The Codfish Ball." I guess this can be a time for you to prepare yourself to see it.
back to the main reason for this posting, tonight my friend from tap, Fergie (Lisa Ferguson), came over tonight to watch the hills and practice for our final. we have two performances to do for the final, the first to the lovely rendition of "Timeless to Me" by John Travolta and Christopher Walken which is a really jazzy number where we were told by Chantee to channel Frank Sinatra and Grace Kelly so that we stay light on our toes. The second is to "Lose Control" by Missy Eliot ft. Ciara and Fat Man Scoop. When i perform the second dance i feel like i should be on Step Up 3, bringing tap to the streets...where it belongs.
p.s. if you would like to see me or fergie perform these dances you can find us in room 158 of the RB tuesdays and thursdays from 4:00-4:50.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i had something insightful to post, but I had to concentrate on the word verifaction of the comment box so I forgot.
see you there!
hahaha, oh man, i wish i was still at byu for this reason alone. hey, maybe this summer we can start choreographing like we used to and come up with a number to bananas from the dick tracy soundtrack and perform at yours and david ii's birthday extravaganza. let me know. i can make the ticket/snacks poster.
Speaking of Step Up 3...did you know they are making it...and it will be 3-D!?! I am so excited.
Post a Comment